BAC Levels Above 0.20% DUI Penalties – Idaho
Idaho has enacted strict penalties for DUI to include more severe penalties for drivers found guilty of driving with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of greater than .20%.
Enhanced BAC 0.20% Charges & Penalties
First DUI Offense:
- Mandatory Jail Time of 10 days minimum & up to 1-year maximum
- Fine up to $2000
- Suspended license for minimum of 1 year after release from jail with revocation of all driving privileges
- Misdemeanor charge
Second DUI Offense:
- Fine up $5000
- Mandatory 30 days in jail or up to 5 years in prison
- License suspended up to 5 years – 1 year suspension minimum after jail release & revocation of all driving privileges
- Mandatory ignition interlock
- Felony charge
Be safe & NEVER drive after you have been drinking!